National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
(Affiliated to Indian National Trade Union Congress)
(Affiliated to International Transport Workers Federation (ITF) London)
3, Chelmsfort Road, New Delhi – 110 055
No.NFIR/6th COC/Anomaly/08 Date: 26.02.09
The Secretary (E)
Sub:- Vth CPC structure – Drop in emoluments of Loco Inspectors
inducted prior to January-2006
- Consequent upon the implementation opf 6th CPC pay scale and grade pay the Loco Inspectors who had joined prior to 01.01.06 stand to lose heavily as explained below:-
- The pay fixation for Loco Pilots joined during January 2006 to September 2008 as Loco Inspector has been done with multiplier factor of 2.118 but in the case those LIs who had joined prior to 01.01.06, the fixation has been granted applying 1.86 multplier factor.
- Those Loco Pilots joined as LI after 01.01.06 were granted pay fixation as stated (a) above with 30% add on pay element.
- An illustration in respect of pay fixation given vide Annexure to this letter.
- The difference of pay between LIs of pre 01.01.06 and post 01.01.06 is to the time of Rs.10000/- thus the LIs who are senior by 10 years draw less salary of Rs.10000/- than their Juniors joined after 01.01.06.
- It would therefore be necessary to remedy the injustice without delay. The NFIR suggested the following:-
- Basic pay of those LI is promoted from Loco Pilot cadre prior to 01.01.06 should be re-fixing applying 2.118 multiplier factor and adding 30% element thereon (i.e., basic pay need to be worked out as on 01.01.06 notionally as a Loco Pilot and fixing the basic pay as LP on 01.01.06 with a multiplying factor of 2.118 and then basic pay of LO to e reworked out duly adding 30% pay element)
- Grade pay of Loco Inspector be enhanced from Rs.4600 to Rs.5400 in PB-3 .
- The LIs when perform counseling DAR/HQ should be granted kilometerage allowance at 160 kms.
- Addl. Allowance of Rs.1000 may be granted to LIs on par with LP/Mail for ensuring relativity.
- NFIR also requests that the issue be dealt in the Joint Committee on priority basis as this item is already listed in the joint note of Federations sent to convener of the Committee on 19.12.09.